- The Online Magazine for the Sign Trade.
Home | Site Map | Buyer's Guide Search  
Event Calendar Article Archive Message Boards Classifieds Product Showcases News Advertise Search Join Now

  3-D Signs
  Awnings &
  Flexible Face
  Business Development
  CNC Routing
  Computer Technology
  Digital Imaging
  Dynamic Digital
  Finishing & Lams 
  Flatbed UV
  Garment Decoration
  LED Displays
  LED Lighting
  Neon & LED
  Channel Letter
  Painted Signs
  Screen Printing
  Vinyl Signs
  Hot Shots
  Press Releases
  Tips & Tricks
  Industry Resources
  Event Calendar
  Business Center
  Retail Sign Shops
  Advertising Info

Estimate Software- Printing software that helps you find the hidden treasure in your business.


Updated: December 13 2018 - Feel free to post below. By doing so, you are agreeing to follow our Acceptable Use Policy. If you'd like to contact us, drop us an e-mail here.

General : 


Sign China 2019
Estimate Software- Printing software for the rest of us.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
please help
Posted by: mike g (
Date: October 02, 2007 01:53PM

I am looking for a certain material as a base for vinyl application

- 8ft x 4ft
- It is a thin material
- It reminds me of a dry erase maker board
- Color is white
- Possibly masonite?

The old sign has this material over the wood base. The material is deteriorating, and the customer wants it replaced.

Does anyone know where I can find this material or something of close resemblance to the description?

Re: please help
Posted by: signind (Moderator)
Date: October 02, 2007 01:58PM

Solid White Tileboard (sometimes called Melamine tile wall panel) used as a tile substitute in bathrooms is available at most Home Improvement Box stores

Re: please help
Posted by: mike g (
Date: October 03, 2007 08:17PM


One question out of curiosity. What is a Home Improvement BOX STORE.

Re: please help
Posted by: signind (Moderator)
Date: October 03, 2007 08:25PM

Home Depot & Lowes Stores are called "Big Box" stores. Your local hardware store may also carry or at least can get it too, I'm sure.

Good luck.

Re: please help
Posted by: thesignexpert (207.250.62.---)
Date: October 05, 2007 05:42PM

From your description it sounds exactly like a Masonite panel as you have guessed. As Signind said, you can typically find this at any hardware store,

Check out a new website for sign shop owners as it is designed to have practical help for sign industry professionals. Everything is free and it might prove useful.

Tim Evans

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

RENOLIT Calendered Vinyl - Top performance for various applications

Advertising Info
About Us
Contact Us
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Industry Resources
Retail Sign Shops
Product Showcase
Event Calendar
Tips & Tricks
Message Boards
Buyer's Guide Listings
Add My Company
Edit My Company


Copyright 1999-2018, All Rights Reserved.