SignIndustry.com - The Online Magazine for the Sign Trade.
Home | Site Map | Buyer's Guide Search  
Event Calendar Article Archive Message Boards Classifieds Product Showcases News Advertise Search Join Now

CATEGORIES
  3-D Signs
  ADA
  Architectural
  Awnings &
  Flexible Face
  Banners
  Business Development
  CNC Routing
  Computer Technology
  Digital Imaging
  Dynamic Digital
  Electric
  Estimating
  Finishing & Lams 
  Flatbed UV
  Garment Decoration
  Installation
  LED Displays
  LED Lighting
  Neon & LED
  Channel Letter
  Outdoor
  Painted Signs
  Screen Printing
  Sublimation
  Vinyl Signs
  Hot Shots
  Press Releases
  Tips & Tricks
  Industry Resources
  Books
  Event Calendar
  Associations
  Business Center
  Retail Sign Shops
  Advertising Info

Estimate Software- Printing software that helps you find the hidden treasure in your business.

MESSAGE BOARDS

Updated: November 20 2017 - Feel free to post below. By doing so, you are agreeing to follow our Acceptable Use Policy. If you'd like to contact us, drop us an e-mail here.

24: Vinyl : 

Sponsors

Pro Vehicle Outlines 2016 car and truck wrap templates
Tensioning Solutions

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
I NEED A SHOPPING LIST
Posted by: njelsmom (---.machlink.com)
Date: October 17, 2007 03:25PM

I want to buy a vinyl sign cutter and some supplies.

Mostly I want to do 'home interior' type things like put some words on my walls, etc.

But I also see that I have the need for at least 3 banners in the near future. So want something that will do that as well. I'd like to have something that could grow a little as I might see a need.

I don't have a HUGE budget, but want more than a very basic 'crafter' type cutter. I also want to have a small stock of vinyls that could be used in or out -- (if there is a dual purpose type).

I know I need the 'tape'(what size?) and ... ??? what else? Software? Again something fairly basic would work.

What would YOU shop for with a $1500 - $2000 budget? (for everything)

What brands, where you would buy it, best pricing, etc.

PLEASE get me started! I'm so confused as I shop and read information, etc. I really want to do this SOONER rather than later.

Somewhere that takes PAY PAL would be preferred!

I'll be anxiously awaiting any and all responses so I can see what you EXPERTS suggest!

Thx
NJELSMOM

Re: I NEED A SHOPPING LIST
Posted by: njelsmom (---.machlink.com)
Date: October 20, 2007 11:28PM

No one has a suggested shopping list for me?

Posted by: jary (---.pie.net.pk)
Date: October 29, 2007 06:59AM

Hi,
We are supplier of vinyl for sign maker. We can also supply banners you require. Please contact at ftawqf@gmail.com

Posted by: Vinylworks1 (---.starstream.net)
Date: November 14, 2007 04:02PM

First define your plan. what is the maximum size project that you will be doing. I do a lot of interior decals, and bear in mind also that you will want to use only high performance materials to get that "like paint" look. Design software varies with the estimated uses also, free design software wit limited capabilities is available at Inkscape.com but is generally difficult for first time users. also buy your first roll of tape to match the max size of your plotter. Your first roll of material or your first project may not make full use of its width, but remember that it is 100 yds long, you will want the width eventually. Lemme know if I can be of further assistance.

CompetitionVinylWorks.com
Custom Graphic design, signage and Vehicle graphics.
(916)532-0027

I have your list
Posted by: dirtracer (---.sav.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 14, 2007 04:38PM

Here you go Roland Camm-1 cx-24 (that is a 24 inch cutter)Flexi 7,5 software. This software makes it easy to cut vinyl. software cd's that contain over 60,000 to 100,000 graphics on them. You won't use them all but you can find anything you need. I used this cutter and software for my race car, it has only been used maybe 15 times. less than 2 years old ready to get rid of it 1500.00 takes it all( I still have the box and packing that it came in. I Bought everything from Beacon graphics.

Posted by: nshorts (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 28, 2007 08:50AM

I'm selling my entire setup- getting out of vinyl work. I've got an Ioline 24" plotter, 20 or so rolls of vinyl, tapes, substrates, etc... I'll part out pieces if you only want some of it- contact me at info@shortysgraphics.com or call 813.333.6779 for more info.

I do accept paypal or could process a credit card.

Posted by: thesignexpert (---.lifelinemobile.com)
Date: November 28, 2007 06:18PM

Check out this link with all kinds of useful information for someone wanting to start a sign business (or something similar). [www.thesignexpert.com]

Once you get your feet wet there are a bunch of other free resources available and more will be coming as I continue to build the site for everyone.

Also, keep coming back to the message boards and running searches, there are bound to similar questions that might have already been answered for you.

Good Luck!

Tim Evans

[www.thesignexpert.com]
"Practical Help for Sign Professionals"

[www.prosignandgraphics.com]
"A Pro Sign made Easy"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Company
Home
Advertising Info
About Us
Contact Us
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Resources
Industry Resources
Associations
Retail Sign Shops
Books
Product Showcase
Event Calendar
Tips & Tricks
Message Boards
Classifieds
Buyer's Guide Listings
Search
Add My Company
Edit My Company

Copyright 1999-2017, All Rights Reserved.