||Home | Site Map | Buyer's Guide Search|
|Event Calendar||Article Archive||Message Boards||Classifieds||Product Showcases||News||Advertise||Search||Join Now|
Project Manager - Phoenix
Posted by: b.hinkle (---.uop.pho.unsi.net)
Date: October 01, 2014 03:26PM
PROJECT MANAGER needed at busy Phoenix area sign manufacturer.
Trademark Visual is seeking a qualified Project Manager to join our project management team.
Candidate must have demonstrated experience in project management of medium to large sign and/or construction projects. A minimum of five years of experience in the Sign industry managing projects from start to finish is required. The environment for this position is largely an office environment, but will involve manufacturing plant walkthroughs and routine field visits. Candidate must be able to work independently and take action as required by the duties and responsibilities given to them. This position will report to Director of Projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Capable of understanding and constructing Gantt Charts.
• Experience with project management software.
• General understanding of sign construction projects, workflows, terminology and tiers.
• Excellent communication skills – internal and external.
• Excellent leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to provide customer solutions and meet deadlines.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints and plans.
• Ability to perform take-offs from blueprints and plans.
• Ability to understand structural engineering requirements as provided by engineers.
• Ability to read and understand municipal codes and permitting procedures.
• Ability to perform work site visits in proper attire and conduct basic site investigations.
• Knowledge of sign manufacturing and installation basics.
• Ability to adapt to and comply with specific company processes and procedures.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments.
• The knowledge, skills and abilities required to fulfill the following duties:
REQUIRED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage high profile sign manufacturing and installation projects within the scope assigned to you.
• Manage contracts and project timelines.
• Manage project costs and protect project profitability.
• Develop and maintain a project schedule identifying project milestones and major tasks.
• Conduct site investigations as required to survey for as much information as can be obtained.
• Attend all onsite construction meetings as required on contract projects.
• Work with in-house project management admin to ensure all required project information and documentation is clearly provided.
• Work with in-house creative and detailing team to ensure accurate drawings are produced.
• Work with outsourced engineers to obtain required structural engineering.
• Work with in-house manufacturing team and routinely conduct quality checks of in progress projects.
• Work with in-house procurement team to ensure materials are ordered and received; equipment is ordered; and subcontractors are lined up.
• Work with in-house field services team to obtain complex surveys and coordinate installations.
• Work with outsourced trades and specialties when employed on a project.
• Work with client project managers and superintendents to coordinate site requirements and scheduling.
• Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout the project life cycle.
• Track and report on project milestones and provided status reports as required.
• Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved through appropriate change requests and change orders.
• Pre-qualify site conditions to confirm they are ready for installation.
• Ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and estimated hours and the projects meet or exceed TRADEMARK quality standards.
• Schedule all required inspections.
• Conduct punch walk with client and final walk-through upon project completion.
• Promote safety at all times and in all situations.
• Identify and effectively perform all job close-out procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates may forward a resume with references to:
3732 E. University Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Trademark Visual is a leading design/build producer of architectural, commercial and electric signs. Our manufacturing facility is fully equipped to fabricate nearly any sign imaginable, from small apartment unit numbers to 85’ tall freeway pylon signs. Additionally, we employ a full complement of wide format digital printing equipment including UV and latex printers. Our Field Services team is well equipped to service and install any sign we make. For our team members, we offer a full benefits package including health and life insurance with dental and vision as well as a 401K program.
© Copyright 1999-2017, All Rights Reserved.