SignIndustry.com - The Online Magazine for the Sign Trade.
Home | Site Map | Buyer's Guide Search  
Event Calendar Article Archive Message Boards Classifieds Product Showcases News Advertise Search Join Now

CATEGORIES
  3-D Signs
  ADA
  Architectural
  Awnings &
  Flexible Face
  Banners
  Business Development
  CNC Routing
  Computer Technology
  Digital Imaging
  Dynamic Digital
  Electric
  Estimating
  Finishing & Lams 
  Flatbed UV
  Garment Decoration
  Installation
  LED Displays
  LED Lighting
  Neon & LED
  Channel Letter
  Outdoor
  Painted Signs
  Screen Printing
  Sublimation
  Vinyl Signs
  Hot Shots
  Press Releases
  Tips & Tricks
  Industry Resources
  Books
  Event Calendar
  Associations
  Business Center
  Retail Sign Shops
  Advertising Info

Estimate Software- Printing software that helps you find the hidden treasure in your business.

MESSAGE BOARDS

Updated: November 17 2017 - Feel free to post below. By doing so, you are agreeing to follow our Acceptable Use Policy. If you'd like to contact us, drop us an e-mail here.

17: LED Displays : 

Sponsors

Tensioning Solutions
Estimate Software- Printing software for the rest of us.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
HELP - LED screen for the side of my vehicle
Posted by: hidefbyjeff (---.dsl.stlsmo.swbell.net)
Date: January 30, 2008 05:03PM

I am in the High Definition TV business and our van goes all over our city delivering products and doing installations of products. What I am looking for is to find LED screens to put on the outside sides of my new van. Approx 3' x 5' to broadcast live or recored HD programming through an on board HD antenna or DVD player/computer as well as adverts from my own company.

Is this something that is possible?

The only true option I have figured out so far is to put a standard 22" - 32" HDTV inside and mount it with the screen facing out through a window. But not all vans have windows in the back. I want waterproofed exterior LED sign type of displays mounted on the exterior sides that leave the interior usable for it's current purpose of carrying TV's and TV accessories and maximize my exposure.

I've called sign companies here in St. Louis and noone seems to think it can be done or is even possible. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Any help would be appreciated. If you can help respond here or email me at jeff@hidefbyjeff.com

Thanks.

Re: HELP - LED screen for the side of my vehicle
Posted by: AMASales (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: February 05, 2008 02:49PM

Jeff,

I sent you an email, but I'd be interested in speaking with you regarding this project. Feel free to call or email me.

Gary LeMaster
National Director of Sales
AMA Sign Co.
866-570-7446
(c)740-601-3521
glemaster@amasignco.com

Posted by: vcdsigns (199.72.207.---)
Date: April 10, 2008 12:47PM

I would recommend getting in touch with Richard Chandler (easily found in this forum) or contact him at colorledsigns@gmail.com his site is www.colorledsigns.com I've done business with him in the past and he is always my first contact for mobile LED solutions. Quality signs, SAFE mobile designs, and excellent pricing.

My two cents.

Logan Baker
www.schoolmarquee.com

Posted by: iCatch (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: December 18, 2008 06:04PM

Jeff,

The problem you will face is that an LCD or Plasma screen won't generate enough brightness for outdoor lighting consitions. Your soltion would be an LED Sign with a very tight pitch, probably one that uses Organic LED or OLED technology (all of the colors are emitted from a single diode).
If I can be of service to you or help with your LED Sign project please feel free to contact me. you can visit our website: [www.icatchdisplays.com]

Eric Stevens
iCatch Displays
Toll Free: 877-287-9180

Eric Stevens
iCatch Displays
[www.icatchdisplays.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Company
Home
Advertising Info
About Us
Contact Us
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Resources
Industry Resources
Associations
Retail Sign Shops
Books
Product Showcase
Event Calendar
Tips & Tricks
Message Boards
Classifieds
Buyer's Guide Listings
Search
Add My Company
Edit My Company

Copyright 1999-2017, All Rights Reserved.